Acute Oncology Nurse Specialist
- Job Type Part Time - 15 hours a week
- Working Pattern Flexible to your needs and the organisation – daytime, evenings, weekends, overnights and bank holidays
- Salary Reflective of salary point in Band 7
- Location Shrewsbury
- Closing Date 05/08/2020
- Interview Date TBC
- Contact Nicola Hodgson
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01743 454900, Option 5
Are you an enthusiastic, flexible and hardworking Nurse with considerable experience of working with Oncology patients, educated to degree level with considerable clinical experience at Band 6 or above?
Are you looking for a challenge?
We are looking to appoint an Acute Oncology Nurse Specialist to develop and support our Oncology Helpline team. You will undertake some clinical work on our Oncology Line, taking calls from patients in Shropshire and Lancashire undergoing treatment for a range of oncology and haematology conditions. You will use your experience and expertise to advise and teach colleagues to develop an education programme for the Oncology Line Team.
You will be responsible for the Clinical Governance of the Oncology Helpline Service. You will develop and undertake a regular audit process. You will be involved in service development and networking with local and national partner organisations to promote the Oncology Line at Shropdoc. You will be responsible for the recruitment, induction and ongoing training of Oncology Line staff.
Working pattern flexible to your needs and the organisation – daytime, evenings, weekends, overnights and bank holidays (with a 30% uplift from 8pm – 6am, all day Saturday and 60% uplift on Sunday and Bank Holidays)
Then these are 9 good reasons to come and join Shropdoc.
- Comprehensive initial clinical induction and training to orientate clinicians to urgent care provision.
- Further training and development with opportunity for clinical supervision, one to one, group and specific educational evenings around team meetings.
- A named mentor to discuss your progress and you will have one to one meetings with your line manager at least every 12 weeks and yearly appraisals.
- Training in clinical skills which includes learning opportunities with our colleagues in primary care, secondary and hospice care.
- NHS pension
- Red Guava, & Blue light discount cards
- 6.6 weeks holiday to start, increasing with length of service
- Be part of an ‘outstanding‘ patient centred organisation
- Work with a well led, experienced and motivated team
For an informal discussion with regards to this position please contact Nicola Hodgson (Head of Advanced Clinical Practice) on 01743 454900. Option 5.
**Closing Date for applications is: 5th August 2020
Interview date: TBA
** We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier due to the number of applications received
If you have any problems applying online or downloading our application form please contact us on email@example.com or 01743 454900.
Application Forms can either be printed off and sent to Shropdoc, Unit A, 3 Longbow Close, Shrewsbury, SY1 3GZ or Completed electronically and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org