Business Data Co-ordinator
- Job Type Up to 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
- Working Pattern 30 hours a week – Monday to Friday 9 am – 3pm or 30 hours a week – Monday to Thursday 9 am – 5.30 pm
- Salary £18,500 – £20,000 pro rata per annum
- Location Shrewsbury
- Closing Date 15/08/2017
- Interview Date 16th/17th August 2017
- Contact HR Department
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01743 454 900
An exciting opportunity to support Shropdoc’s Business Intelligence and Transformation teams through the role of Business Data Coordinator. We are a growing specialist healthcare company based in Shropshire and we are seeking a Business Data Coordinator to join our highly motivated team.
As the Business Data Coordinator the role will include ownership of new item set-up and life cycle processes. Ongoing validation and maintenance of data within various systems along with associated reporting activities. In this role, you will be working with a variety of departments including but not limited to transformation, operations, finance and external suppliers/clients.
The role is to extract data from databases, check for data quality, ensuring its accuracy before turning it into reports. This may include creating new reports to be able to monitor changing priorities in work-streams. You will also be responsible for finding ways of improving the processing of data, which will lead to more efficient ways of working practices within the organisation.
Communication is a key skill for this role as being able to present information to a wide variety of levels within the organisation and externally. The ability to interpret complex information in layman’s terms would be beneficial.
You will need to have previous experience as a data controller / coordinator or be from a data maintenance environment, be computer literate with experience of working with complex data, analysing data and information, and writing reports, knowledge of Prince 2, MS Excel, MS Access desirable. You will have GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Maths grade B or above. A’ level’s Grade A-C are desirable, as is previous experience of working in a healthcare environment.
Principal Responsibilities of the role :
- Produce timely reports for users in an agreed format and to appropriate timescales under contracted agreements
- Develop new reports based on changing business requirements, with particular focus on contracted new work streams
- Work alongside any project lead on ensuring all work streams are reportable for monitoring and evaluation
- Identify and implement solutions for improvements in data capture, processing and quality
- Develop reports in agreement with contracted work streams
- Present data and reports to partner and project audiences
- Process map internal data processing streams
- Explore new and better ways of capture, processing and working with data to create information and value added reports
- Initiate data solutions where problems are identified such as researching alternate software / hardware, working closely with the Data Development role
- Identify solutions in data ‘bottle necks’
- Generating various reports by querying from databases, applications and systems (including future data solutions) as per need
- Using basic querying to create parameters to ensure the BI Team have to appropriate data for business reporting requirements
- Contribute to the creation, development and maintenance of future programme and project data analysis requirements
- Focus on the objective of Continuous Improvement
- Second point of contact between BI and IT Teams
- Provide resilience within the BI and Project Teams
*We reserve the right to close the job role earlier depending on the number of suitable applications received