Urgent Care Practitioners (Level 2)
- Job Type Urgent Care Practitioners (Level 2)
- Working Pattern Working - evenings, weekends, overnights and bank holidays
- Salary Competitive salary - £31-38K FTE per annum (30% uplift from 8pm – 6am, all day Saturday and 60% uplift on Sunday and Bank Holidays)
- Location Shrewsbury and Telford
- Closing Date 20/11/2018
- Interview Date TBA
- Contact Human Resources
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01743 454 900.
Shropdoc has provided a high quality, caring and responsive service for patients in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin and Powys for over 20 years. The organisation has over 200 General Practitioners as members all involved in providing GP led services 365 days a year. We were rated an ‘Outstanding’ organisation in 2017 by the Care Quality Commission, for the services we provide and are currently one of the highest rated out-of-hours care providers in the country.
We have recently been confirmed to continue as the providers of out-of-hours services in Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin until, at least, 2021. We need to continue our workforce development over the next few months.
We are inviting applications from experienced registered healthcare professionals to join us as Urgent Care Practitioners (UCPs). The positions are based in Telford and Shrewsbury and we have a limited number of full and part time positions available.
UCPs either work in one of a primary care bases with a GP assessing patients with an urgent care need or visiting those in their own homes. Telephone triage and consultation is an important part of the role also. We aim to develop and challenge critical thinking through learning and reflective sessions to ensure our clinicians arrive at the right outcome when providing care often in uncertain and challenging circumstances.
What do we offer?
- A bespoke training and induction programme to orientate clinicians to urgent care provision. This training is now ready to be accredited by a local university and will be provided as a university module at likely level 7.
- A named mentor to discuss your progress and you will have one to one meetings with your line manager at least every 6 weeks.
- Training in clinical skills and includes learning opportunities with our colleagues in palliative care to ensure we can met the needs of patients approaching end of life.
- A competitive starting salary with increases on attaining training milestones.
- NHS pension scheme.
A number of our UCPs have continued their career journey and have gone on to work in full time roles in GP practices or clinical management.
For informal enquiries, please contact:
01743 454900 and speak with
Simon Lovatt, Clinical Services Manager – email@example.com or
Sue Gibson, UCP Clinical Lead (Field) – firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details on how to apply in the above vacancy and for a full Job Description and Person Specification please go to www.jobs.shropdoc.org.uk or contact email@example.com or the HR Team on 01743 454 900.
Closing date for applications: 13 November 2018 (We normally receive a high number of applications for these roles and may close applications earlier than this date)
Selection tests and interviews: TBA.
If you have any problems applying online or downloading our application form please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01743 454900.
Application Forms can either be printed off and sent to Shropdoc, Unit A, 3 Longbow Close, Shrewsbury, SY1 3GZ or Completed electronically and returned to email@example.com