Urgent Care Practitioners - Telephone Triage
- Job Type Urgent Care Practitioners (Telephone Triage)
- Working Pattern 37.5 hours per week - 4 week rolling fixed rota patterns
- Salary Competitive salary - £35K FTE per annum (basic pay - £18.14 per hour), 30% uplift when working after 8pm and all day Saturday. 60% uplifts on Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Location Longbow Close, Shrewsbury
- Closing Date 17/04/2019
- Interview Date TBC
- Contact Fiona Smith
- Email Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01743 454 900
Urgent Care Practitioners (Telephone Triage)
Competitive salary - £35K FTE per annum (basic pay - £18.14 per hour)
All positions attract a 30% uplift when working after 8pm and all day Saturday.
60% uplifts on Sundays and Bank Holidays
Based at Shropdoc, Longbow Close, Shrewsbury
2 positions x 37.5 hours per week available due to exciting new business opportunities
4 week rolling fixed rota patterns
We are inviting applications from experienced registered healthcare professionals to come and join us in our current workstreams below:
In and Out of Hours Telephone Triage
Our Service operates when GP surgeries are closed.
5/6 hour shifts in evenings, across weekends and bank holidays, as well as some daytime provision for Practice cover in Powys.
Making clinical decisions on the telephone from talking with the patient regarding their symptom’s and making appointments for base and home visits if the patient needs to be seen face to face.
Care Co-ordination Centre ( CCC)
Operates Monday to Friday 0800 - 20.30, The telephone service provides support, advice and navigation of care to healthcare professionals/GP’s to enable a seamless patient journey avoiding hospital admission where possible, operating a bed bureau and patient transport when hospital admission is unavoidable.
Oncology Advice Line
The telephone triage service is for patients undergoing active treatment. The service operates 24/7 hours a day to provide patients with immediate advice and support with an oncology related issue for Patients in Shropshire and Lancashire presently.
Shropdoc has provided a high quality, caring and responsive service for patients in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin and Powys for over 20 years and has been awarded continuation of the service at least until 2021. The organisation has over 200 General Practitioners as members all involved in providing GP led services 365 days a year. We were rated an ‘Outstanding’ organisation in 2017 by the Care Quality Commission, for the services we provide and are currently one of the highest rated out-of-hours care providers in the country.
What do we offer?
- A bespoke training and induction programme to orientate clinicians to care coordination provision.
- Opportunity to work across our three workstreams.
- A named mentor to discuss your progress and you will have one to one meetings with your line manager at least every 6 weeks.
- Internal learning evenings/events to increase knowledge and skills.
- A competitive salary
- NHS pension scheme.
- Paycare scheme.
- Blue light card.
For informal enquiries, please contact:
01743 454900/01743454901 and speak to/email
For further details on how to apply in the above vacancy and for a full Job Description and Person Specification please go to www.jobs.shropdoc.org.uk or contact email@example.com or the HR Team on 01743 454 900.
Closing date for applications: 17th April 2019 (We normally receive a high number of applications for these roles and may close the advert earlier than this date).
Selection tests and interviews: TBC